With the regulations continually changes regarding the carriage of Lithium Batteries, this course deals with transporting Lithium ion, Lithium metal, lithium batteries contained in or packed with equipment for all modes of transport Air, Sea and Road.
The Air course is fully approved in the UK by the Civil Aviation Authority, and concludes with an open book validation. Successful candidates receive a certificate of competence, valid for two years, after which they must re-validate their qualification.
Successful candidates receive a certificate of competence, valid for two years. We recommend that all students refresh their knowledge every two years to be in line with the current IATA, ADR & IMDG regulations.
• Correctly prepare a consignment of lithium batteries for all modes transportation
• Validate whether a consignment has been prepared correctly for transportation
• Adhere to practices and standards regarding acceptance and responsibilities for the preparation and handling of lithium batteries for air, sea or road transportation.
• The regulatory framework – UN / ICAO / IATA / ADR & IMDG
• Identification of Lithium ion and lithium metal batteries
• Classification, Proper Shipping Name and Special Provisions
• Packaging Requirements
• Marking & Labelling
• Preparing the documentation – shipper’s declaration, awb, dangerous goods note
Is this training for you?
Our Multi-Modal Lithium Battery training is for employees that work in an environment where Lithium Ion or Metal Batteries are handled and prepared for shipping by Air, Road and Sea. The training ensures that candidates meet the requirements of the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR) and the International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) regulations and concludes with a validation test. Successful candidates receive a certificate of competence, valid for two years, after which they must re-validate their qualification.