Our Dangerous Goods Awareness training is a basic introduction to the air, sea and road regulations for transporting dangerous goods internationally. The dangerous goods awareness is hugely beneficial in assisting all employees in recognising potential dangerous goods that they may come into contact with in their work environment. By being familiar with the regulations, labels and hazard classes your employees can ensure that any potential dangerous goods that are found; are handled by a certified member of the team.
Our dangerous goods awareness ensures that employees understand that they need to be certified to handle, pack or complete the documentation for dangerous goods. Keeping your business compliant with the regulations.
Dangerous Goods Awareness Course Objectives:
• Correctly identify a consignment that contains dangerous goods
• Identify the action required if dangerous goods are located
• List the regulatory parties involved in the carriage of dangerous goods by air, road, rail, inland waterways and sea
Dangerous Goods Awareness Course content covers:
• The legislative framework that supports Air, Sea and Road regulations
• UN numbers & Proper shipping names
• The 9 Classes of Dangerous Goods
• Packing Groups
• Packaging & UN Specification Packing
• Shipping small amounts of dangerous goods
• Marking and Labelling for dangerous goods
• Overview of documentation
• Placarding for containers and vehicles
• Dangerous Goods Safety Advisors
This is only an introduction to dangerous goods. Certification can only be gained by attending then appropriate Dangerous Goods certification course.
Is this training for you?
Our Dangerous Goods by Awareness training is for all employees that work in an environment where dangerous goods are handled or for parties that wish to gain more knowledge about the topic. This provides a basic overview of how to recognise Dangerous Goods and is a good introduction into some of the regulatory requirements. This course is a pre-requisite for all other types of Dangerous Goods Courses. Dangerous goods that they may come into contact with in their work environment.