Our IATA / CAA Dangerous Goods by Air certification training course covers the 9 Hazard classes. It will provide learners with the skills and knowledge required to correctly pack, mark and label and prepare shipments of dangerous goods for transport by air. Our interactive training encourages participation and ensures that the course is relevant, interesting and engaging and prepares learners for transferring the skills and knowledge to their work environment. We encourage the use of real work examples.
The course and instructors are fully approved in the UK by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), and concludes with a validation. Successful candidates receive a certificate in shipping dangerous goods, valid for two years, after which they must re-validate their qualification.
We are approved by the CAA to offer Webinar Training sessions to avoid contact during this period. Our customers are loving it - see our Testimonials! Get consistent training and exam testing across your organisation, ensuring that all your staff meet the right standards.
Dangerous Goods by Air Course Objectives:
• Correctly prepare a consignment of dangerous goods for air transportation
• Validate whether a consignment has been prepared correctly for air transportation
• Adhere to practices and standards regarding acceptance and responsibilities for the preparation and handling of goods for air transportation.
Dangerous Goods by Air Course contents:
• Overview of the dangerous goods regulations (ICAO, IATA)
• How dangerous goods regulations are monitored in the UK
• Using the Dangerous Goods Regulations
• State and Operator Variations
• Classification, Proper shipping names and UN numbers
• Packaging Instructions
• Types of Packaging and Overpacks
• Different Dangerous Goods Packaged Together
• Specification Marking
• Marking and Labelling
• Completion of the shipper’s declaration for dangerous goods
• Shipment Checking
• Air Waybill completion
• Emergency Procedures
• CAA Examination
Is this training for you?
Our Dangerous Goods by Air training is for any person that are engaged in the handling and shipping of dangerous goods by Air or that need to stay aligned with the most recent set of dangerous goods regulation.
Choose from our course dates and locations. If you would like an in-house training session contact us for a quotation.